Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"Are You Listening For His Voice Today?", by Pastor Kevin Lynch

I've been listening for Him the past week or so. I mean really listening. I hear from Him daily, but sometimes I need to listen intently for special direction.

This may sound silly to some, but I was in the market for a vehicle this week and that whole process is probably one of the most distasteful I can imagine going through.

I really wanted to be guided by Him as to make the whole thing go more smoothly. I've learned to do that the hard way over the years.

After a few days I was not disappointed. I was led to a particular dealer and the car I needed had already been revealed to me. When I arrived I walked around the lot but couldn't find the car. Finally I went inside and there it was sitting smack in the middle of the showroom floor as if Jesus had set it there just for me. I looked at it, drove it, discussed it, bought it.

Done. The entire process finished in less than an hour. All I have to do is pick it up.

Again, this might sound a bit odd by even some Christian's standards.

Maybe so, but I take His Word literally, and His Word tells me, "The sheep that are My own hear and are listening to My voice; and I know them, and they follow Me" (John 10:27).

For me, it just doesn't get any less complicated. He speaks, I listen. He leads, I follow.

I say one thing: there won't be any such nonsense about worrying if I made the right choice, got the best deal, or was ripped off. My wife and I are happy. Incidentally, my wife hasn't even seen it yet. She trusts that we have heard from the Lord too. I called her after I drove it and made sure we were "on the same page".

We both slept soundly and are confident that the choice we made is the right one and will serve us for many years just like the last several major purchases we have made.

Listening and obeying to the Voice of the Master. It relieves us of indecision and post-decision syndrome.

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment