Thursday, November 10, 2011

Have You Got It Right?

Heb. 11:2 - "For by [faith--trust and holy fervor born of faith] the men of old had divine testimony borne to them and obtained a good report."

Abraham. Isaac. Jacob. Moses. All of the OT patriarchs and prophets of God.

They all received favor and blessings of righteousness simply for believing God.

Nothing has changed. It's still the prescribed method.

Some folks can't grasp it because it's not specifically spelled out as clearly as they may like to see it, but it's always been about Jesus.

It was then. It is today.

The way to the heart of God is through the Cross of Jesus Christ.

It is your good report to God the Father concerning how you have accepted His Son that makes the difference in your life.

Confess Jesus before men and He will confess you before the Father. Deny Jesus before men and He will deny you before the Father (Matt. 10:32-33).

It's really quite simple.

Maybe a caveman can't do it but you certainly are capable.

It's a matter of faith and will.

I wasn't much of a student as a kid.

I've even loused up a thing or two over the years.

One thing I do know. I got this right.

Anything good that I have in my life today is the direct result of having obtained a good report from God through my faith in Jesus Christ.

If you have too then you know what I'm talking about.

If not, well you may find this irritating at first. Sort of like "How dare you presume to tell me how to be happy!"

I've been on that side of it as well.

All I'm doing today is sharing with other thirsty people where the well is located.

Be blessed!

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment