Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Definitely


Matt. 12:30: "He who is not with Me [definitely on My side] is against Me, and he who does not [definitely] gather with Me and for My side scatters."

I have found this verse to be most truthful.

I've seen it happen.

I've seen it unravel right before my eyes.

Like a train about to go off the rails, I have seen the wishy-washiness of people when it comes to Jesus book them passage on that very train.

Definitely.

A firm word.

It means "without reservation".

Clear. Unequivocally. Positively. Absolute. Certain.

If you have been been considering yourself a Christian for a while now, consider something else.

Are you certain? Do you have any question or reservation AT ALL? Are you positive that Jesus is everything He says He is?

Would you unequivocally state "Yes I am!", before anyone who asks you the question: "Are you a follower of Jesus Christ?"

Would you state it without hesitation?

Or would you have to think about it? Would you get frightened? Embarrassed? 

Would you punk out?

Peter punked out. He was scattered for it. Jesus knew He would and warned him.

"Peter, before the rooster crows you will deny me three times."

Peter's response? "Not me Lord. Not me. Never!"

Definite. The conviction in the term is defining.

And Jesus will not settle for anything less than definite. Jesus only settles for everything.

That's why it is about Him and nothing else.

There is only so much definite we can generate. We had better direct it toward the One who is the Definite One.

Don't say you are and then act differently. You will be scattered.

Scattered is separation from Jesus. Not by His choice. By yours. You decide.

Be definite or be wishy-washy. Be careful though because there are consequences. Scattered is a consequence.

The one thing about being scattered though, like most everything else injurious we do to ourselves spiritually, there is a way back.

Jesus forgives. Remember Peter? Jesus forgave Him and set him straight. Even after Peter completely and totally and DEFINITELY denied Him, Jesus forgave and restored him!

That's good news for some this morning I suspect.

Be for Him, but be definitely for Him. He doesn't stand for anything less.

After all, He DEFINITELY gave it all up for you!

Be blessed and well today!

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><
www.reallifect.com

No comments:

Post a Comment