Monday, August 24, 2009

"Believer On A Hot Tin Roof" by Pastor Kevin Lynch

"Believer On A Hot Tin Roof" by Pastor Kevin Lynch


Big Daddy enters the room at the end of the classic Tennessee Williams play, "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof", and declares: "Ain't nothing more powerful than the odor of mendacity."

I agree.

It's noxious.

Don't run for the Webster's.

It's just a fancy word for "lies".

It's in the air.

Indoors or out.

It's in the air.

Not much room for truth when mendacity is so strong.

It'll downright choke you.

Or it will make you step more cautiously...sort of like...

Yup...

A disciple on a hot tin roof.

The religious climate is a hot tin roof.

The political climate is a hot tin roof.

Richard Pryor's interpretation on Ed Sullivan of the first man on the Sun.

In the lion's den with pork chop underwear on.

I have resolved that I will never be a victim.

...but I sure do feel like a target.

That's ok though.

I know Jesus.

Those that practice mendacity are in the mire.

"But He replied, I solemnly declare to you, I do not know you [I am not acquainted with you]" (Matt. 24:12).

We are being lied to at every turn and on every level.

I can understand that. Liars do what liars do.

What is hard to get used to is when the liars are saying that we are the liars.

They even lie about that.

I read an article in my hometown paper this weekend written by an area "clergywoman". She titled her message "Jesus Was A Health Care Reformer", and then proceeded to profane the very gospel she purports to uphold with the most vile of misinformation and misinterpretation I have ever read about Jesus. She slandered and maligned the Son of God for a political agenda. Sold Him out once again for a few more shekels.

That's gotta be a crime in heaven I'm thinkin'.

The believer on a hot tin roof.

God doesn't like the odor of mendacity.

Jesus doesn't like liars or the Father of Lies.

He is Truth, and the Truth sets us free.

My prayer today is that we present the Truth to the world, and that we would be used to bring sense and clarity to a confused and dark world.

Be blessed today!

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

Check out my blog at: http://keepinitrealpastorkevin.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment