Monday, August 31, 2009

"Instilled, Distilled, Or Be Stilled?" by Pastor Kevin Lynch

"Instilled, Distilled, Or Be Stilled?" by Pastor Kevin Lynch

Sit and drink Pennyroyal Tea
Distill the life that's inside of me
I'm so tired I can't sleep
I'm a liar and a thief
~ Kurt Cobain~

The sad portrait of a talent gone to seed.

Somewhere along the way the spirit died.

That's really our choice when it comes to vibrant living.

We are going to be instilled, distilled...

...or just be still.

The Spirit of God pursues like a heart seeking missile.

We lower our defenses and allow Him to find His mark.

So much is taught about how to do that, and I'm not sure it can be taught.

At least not by human measures.

I think we have to listen to the voice of God.

There is a great dumbing down of the gospel in the world today.

People have become reliant on gurus and charlatans.

They even get overly attached to people who are preaching and teaching correctly.

They miss the message in the light of the messenger.

Therein lies the distilling of the Word.

It's sipping Pennyroyal Tea. It's abortifacient. It will kill the spirit.

Paul was a man. Not an icon.

He was like we are.

We have his same capability to listen to the voice of God.


Galatians 1:12 - "For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ."

2 Corinthians 12:1-4

(1) "...I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord. (2) I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows--was caught up to the third heaven. (3) And I know that this man--whether in the body or away from the body I do not know, God knows--(4) Was caught up into paradise, and he heard utterances beyond the power of man to put into words, which man is not permitted to utter."

That's what we need.

We need to go on to visions.

We need to be caught up in God.

I need to...no... I LONG to hear utterances beyond the power of man.

I need to hear from God. Everyday.

My day...my life...is not complete until I hear from God.

I long for you to experience that also.

My day is not complete until I hear from God.

Way too many people get the distilled version.

Or they are just still. Stillborn. Stillborn-again.

Dead.

When the human spirit dies instead of being re-born by the Spirit of God, the person dies as well.

It's just a matter of when they lie down.

My prayer is for vibrant instilling of the Spirit. The Spirit of God meeting with our spirit. A refusal to be distilled, a refusal to be still! A longing to hear from God today!

Be blessed today! Talk to God today!

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment