Thursday, December 17, 2009

"Jesus Can Do That To You", by Pastor Kevin Lynch

Instill ecstatic joy that is.

Matt. 2:10 - "When they saw the star, they were thrilled with ecstatic joy."

There's joy, and then there's "ecstatic" joy.

I guess that's a step up from just plain being happy.

A state of ecstasy. Rapturous joy.

It doesn't mean a wild, off the table, overly dramatic, uncontrollable giddiness and loss of control.

It has more to do with "countenance".

I don't see a lot of joyful countenance being exhibited in people today. Not on the street. Not in the news.

Not anywhere.

Sadly, not even in the churches on any grand scale.

A few have it. It's sort of contagious when one is around it.

But it's just not spreading fast enough.

I think ecstatic joy get's strangled by too many M&M's...Moroseness and Melancholia.

I can see it in the eyes. I can hear it in the subtle tones of speech. I observe it in the posture of a person. Sometimes the Spirit of God speaks to me and alerts me.

Countenance. One either possesses a positive or a negative countenance.

I suggest that if you are born-again today, to exercise the power of the name of Christ in your life and begin to pry the fingers of moroseness and melancholia from around your neck and start to breathe in the Spirit. You do have that choice you know.

I personally guarantee results.

Every Christmas presents itself in a new and exciting way. One doesn't have to be Scrooge to enjoy radical change.

I'd say just merely expect a warming of the heart, a lifting of the spirit, a fresh mental outlook.

Believe me, it is enough to change your countenance and reflect the joy of Christ in your life.

Merry CHRISTmas!

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment