Monday, March 8, 2010

"NaCl...Lose Some Of It", by Pastor Kevin Lynch

If I am going to lose any saltiness I want to make sure it's through weeping for the lost and sweating out a gospel message.

"Jesus wept" (John 11:35). The shortest verse in the bible. Also the most moving.

"As He approached Jerusalem and saw the city, He wept over it" (Luke 19:41).

He still weeps. If Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever, then He still weeps.

Perhaps He weeps today more than any time over the span of the last 2,000 years.

The question today is, do you weep?

Have you taken a good look around you?

Do you sense the despair?

Sometimes it's as if I can smell it.

All my senses are heightened and assaulted by the overwhelming presence of...of.......need.

Spiritually, physically, mentally, medically, materially, financially, organically, essentially, unequivocally, domestically, internally... needy.

"There is nothing I can do. I feel...helpless."

You can weep. That makes for a "salty" Christian in my opinion. If you weep enough you might actually work up a gospel "sweat".

Weeping, sweating followers of Jesus. That's what this world needs.

Weeping, sweating Jeremiah's who are burdened and interceding for a lost and compromised society.

No more snow in the snow globe. It's being transformed into a salty rain.

Do you feel it?

What will you do?

Do what Jesus does.

Weep your way through the gospel. Don't just read it. Weep through it all the while applying it all to what's just outside your window.

I know good people I care deeply about whom I weep for. Some know Jesus. Many do not.

You know people too.

Weep. Pray. It may inspire you to further action.

I remain yours today just...

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment