Friday, May 6, 2011

"The Long Shadow Of Death"

Death can cast a long shadow. The very idea of it, the impending threat of it always lurking in the background
can reduce the toughest person to a worry driven basket case.

If we allow it.

"Yea, although I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil."

Your choice.

No bravery or bravado on our part. The ability to even tramp through the territory of death is because of Jesus.

"Your rod and staff comfort me."

I like to envision that as fulfilled in the Cross. On the Cross Jesus conquered death.

So as the shadow of death casts it's shadow in front of me as I walk through it's territory, there is no fear because Jesus has already fought that battle for me.

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment