Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Those WERE The Days?"

Really.

I know we all have memories of the past. We like to reminisce when we see old friends and gather with family. It tells the story of our past and keeps the fabric of our lives intact. It's normal to do that. It's not normal to want to revert there and do it over again. It indicates that things are not so good in the present.

If you think the past is better than the present than something is amiss.

Thomas Wolfe wrote a book entitled "You Can't Go Home Again".

Even Jesus said a prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown.

There is something about building on a foundation which was laid before us that we are to build upon, not stay stagnant or revert back to.

Never is that more true than when we examine the Gospel of Jesus Christ to which we are called to.

Many Christians find themselves victims of cessasionistic reasoning. They view the Word as looking through the wrong end of a telescope into times past, which offers nothing more than some sort of far removed comfort about how God works.

If there is no faith, hope, or understanding about God contnuing that work, where is the comfort? It lies in whiteknuckling this life until we "get to heaven".

At the risk of redundancy, let me mention again what Jesus tells us.

John 14:12 (AMP) - "I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in Me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father."

There's a lot of hope in that verse. Also...

John 14:13-14 (AMP) - "And I will do [I Myself will grant] whatever you ask in My Name [as presenting all that I AM], so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in (through) the Son. (14) [Yes] I will grant [I Myself will do for you] whatever you shall ask in My Name [as presenting all that I AM].

There's a whole lot of asking going on, but not a whole lot of believing that it will actually be done.

People have trouble believing something they can't wrap their hands around.

Forget your hands, that's the flesh. Wrap your faith around it.

I can't believe the amount of internet mumbo-jumbo, by self-proclaimed scholars trying to debunk those who are actually believing what God's Word proclaims. There are people who actually waste time and expense trying to convince the unsuspecting to not listen to what their pastors and churches are teaching and believe them instead. This is how cessasionism rolls. False prophets calling others false prophets. People like that and their disciples will kill a church. The prophets will always be persecuted.

How about this...

...believe the Word of God.

I'm not talking about something cryptic that makes us scratch our heads, I'm talking about the simple truths of Jesus Christ, put down simply, and simple to understand and obey.

Stop looking at the Word of God as something that is meant to reach across the span of time in concept only.

The Word of God is alive. It's supernatural. It is meant to feed and encourage a supernatural Church. Jesus says that when we actually do what He tells us in the verses this morning that it actually glorifies God!

My friends, get this deep down in your spirit today...

THESE are THE days! Be a part of them!

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment