Monday, July 4, 2011

Freedom, Liberty, And The Kingdom Of Heaven Way"

Freedom. We celebrate it here in America today, but it transcends borders and oceans and seas.

True freedom, the freedom that the entire concept and ideal springs forth from, is found in Jesus Christ and that can be accomplished anywhere.

Many a man and woman have found freedom in a jail cell. In a hospital bed. In a crack house. If the gospel can reach you, and you can hear and see in your spirit, you will find freedom.

Galatians 5:1 (AMP) - "IN [this] freedom Christ has made us free [and completely liberated us]; stand fast then, and do not be hampered and held ensnared and submit again to a yoke of slavery [which you have once put off]."

What good is it if you live in the most free nation in the world and are bound by sin and guilt? Unhappiness and despair is just as despicable in Beverly Hills as it is in Mogadishu.

Freedom and Liberty, and the Peace that accompanies it first has to start within the heart and soul of a person.

If it all went up in smoke tomorrow I would still have peace. That's because my freedom is not earth bound. It is Kingdom of Heaven realized. There is a great shaking on the horizon. It will be a time where the posers and the naysayers will see what it means to be Free in Christ.

I am thankful to be an American today. I am thankful for the day we celebrate breaking free from tyranny and oppression. I also know that none of that is possible without God's Hand upon this nation from day one.

I say God Bless America this morning, but I have to tell you that I say that with the utmost urgency, because I sense there is a great forgetfulness today.

Never forget. The American Way has always been guided by the Kingdom of Heaven Way. I'm afraid for this Nation as it appears to be losing its way.

Jesus never fails those who follow Him.

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment