Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Be


When you are a disciple of Jesus Christ there is a lot that goes with the territory.

You become a light. A shining beacon.

It emanates from you and lights the paths of darkness for others to follow.

You act differently than you were before you knew Christ.

Good works flow from you, yet they point to the Heavenly Father and glorify Him and not you.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)

Could you possibly be okay with that?

I am. After a life of selfishness and self-gratification (which harnessed me NOTHING), it is a joy and pleasure to have people see Christ and not me.

My all time favorite bible verse ever is: 

Galatians 2:20 (Amplified Bible)

"I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

People have asked me over the years how to do that.

It's not in the doing, nor the performing.

It's in the being.

"I have BEEN crucified with Christ".

Done. Finished. It's the Cross. It's always the Cross. I have died with Jesus yet I am more alive, and when people see me I pray they see Jesus. If they will never remember my name to put on my gravestone it would suit me just fine. As long as they remember Jesus.

Run. Walk. Crawl. But let your destination be the Cross. BE crucified in all of your fleshly, carnal desires. Let your need for attention and recognition be absorbed completely in Him to the point where you disappear and all that's left is Jesus.

If you desire that then you have come to a great place of understanding. It will all be settled for you and peace and joy in Christ will reign in your life.

You will become transformed. No more struggle to accomplish. 

All things added to you. 

A state of BE.

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><
www.reallifect.com

No comments:

Post a Comment