Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Listen To The VOTM


The Voice Of The Master. VOTM.

I've been purposely listening for Him the past few months or so. I mean really listening. I have been trying to develop and sharpen some of the gifts of the Spirit in my life, particularly words of knowledge and wisdom. The conversation has flowed from God to me in such a fashion that I have started a journal where I record the words I receive from Him. The results over the last weeks have been nothing short of amazing, shocking, sad, joyous, powerful, stunning, even heartbreaking...and a myriad of other adjectives that have left me at times staring into a vision at a place where time seems to stand still. I hear from Him daily, but sometimes I need to listen intently for special direction.

This is a scary proposition of sorts because one must be prepared to receive from God in advance information that we know on our own would have NEVER perceived coming to pass until it happened. When it's too late.

Even with this supernatural advanced early warning system I have been rendered drained and so completely taken by surprise that I have done nothing but sit, sometimes for lengthy periods, waiting for an answer to "What am I supposed to do with this, Lord?" Other times the message is clear and all I need to do is rest in Him and watch His Majesty play out. 

I have received random visions from God over the years. I always felt that it was His prerogative when and where they occured. I have had them happen at my desk, while running in the park, in a store. Even briefly when driving (ever have one of those moments when you're driving when you can't account for the last few seconds?). God has been seeking to enlighten me this way for years. He doesn't give me dreams. He gives me visions, which are sort of "day dreams". I guess God still views me as a young man ("Your young men shall see visions." Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17).  Thank you, Lord!  Haha!  He spoke to me and said, "Are you prepared for what I can REALLY show you?" 
  
This might sound a bit odd in some Christian circles. The Church has been branding those following the simple steps of Scripture as mystics and heretics for centuries. How much weaker is the Body of Christ as the result?

Maybe so, but I take His Word literally, and His Word tells me, "The sheep that are My own hear and are listening to My voice; and I know them, and they follow Me" (John 10:27).

For me, it doesn't get complicated. He speaks, I listen. He leads, I follow.

I say one thing: there won't be any such nonsense about worrying if I made the right choice, am in the right place, got the best deal, or was ripped off, etc.

Listening and obeying to the Voice of the Master. It relieves us of indecision and post-decision stress syndrome.

Get quiet. Listen. Be ready to receive. Be ready to either act or do nothing. In any event, the experience is priceless.

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><
www.reallifect.com

No comments:

Post a Comment