Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"I Am Not Ashamed"

I remember when I first got saved I did not own a bible. Having been raised in a religious system that did not promote owning, or even reading a bible for that matter, owning a bible for me was a foreign concept.

When I bought my first one I picked the smallest, most unobtrusive one I could find. It was one that could fit into my pocket. It was one I could hide so people wouldn't think I had become a "bible thumper."

Needless to say that once I became more aware of my righteousness in Christ, my faith kicked in stronger, and I picked a bible I could display openly and without fear as my "sword of the Spirit".

Here's what happened, and which should inevitably happen for all believers.

Romans 1:16-17 (ESV) - (16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. (17) For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

I am not ashamed. I am righteous in Christ. I live by faith.

These are indisputable signs of the believer. They are evidence of the power of God working in the born again believer.

The gospel is the power and righteousness of God produced and manifested in the believer. It brings boldness to proclaim and spread it, as well as the power to live by faith.

Believers are believers because they believed. From that they have received all the power that goes with it.

There are no unbelieving believers. 


Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment