Monday, September 7, 2009

"I'm In Labor" by Pastor Kevin Lynch

Hey, it's Labor Day.

Couldn't ask for a better lead in. lol!

In case you haven't lived long enough, here's a life hint:

Every day is labor day.

And I don' t mean the holiday.

I mean when at the end of the day you are generally asking "Can't somebody else do this?"

It's not just work that qualifies as labor either.

It's weariness caused by cares and concerns.

It's been my experience over the years that nothing will wear a person down faster than hauling bricks, than worry, anxiety and stress caused by problems, bills, failing marriages, broken relationships, addictions, and just some good old fashioned everyday stuff that most everybody goes through.

That's why the world needs Jesus so badly.

He not only takes care of your future, but your present as well.

Matthew 11:28 (Amplified Bible)

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]"

I don't care who you are. I don't even care if you're an atheist. Those words even at the surface level have got to sound real good!

Who wouldn't cash in all of their chips for some relief and refreshment?

You'd be surprised.

Some folks who know better wouldn't.

Maybe even you wouldn't.

There are even people sitting in church Sunday after Sunday who wouldn't. And haven't. And won't.

It's as if some people enjoy holding on to their trials, tribulations, and tragedies.

It's become who they are for them.

I think it's like being overtired. You know how you can get so tired that you pass the point of being able to sleep?

I think some folks can get so overburdened that they just can't get out from under it.

Even with Jesus' help.

In fact, they might even start blaming the very God who can help them!

It qualifies as a syndrome, but I haven't thought of a name yet.

Too much effort into anything can cause a reverse reaction.

That's what makes Jesus so appealing. He's fail proof!

All He says is "Come"! The Amplified Bible says He will "cause you to rest".

Almost as if there is no other alternative! It's simple!

"Come to Me all...and I WILL CAUSE you to rest!"

That's my prayer for all who read this and beyond. That you will stop trying to find the "solution" and turn to the One who will so powerfully give you peace and rest, that it will be as if He has actually forced you to be anxiety and stress free! That's Jesus. It's what He does. He never fails.

I hope you run it all past Jesus today!

Be blessed!

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment