Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Tears, Fears, And Plain 'Ol Conspiracies" by Pastor Kevin Lynch

Well, yesterday came and went, and I haven't read of any school children going home after listening to Obama and killing their parents.

Unless the 'Bama Bomb is set to go off today.

It is after all 090909! *Gasp*

Seemed pretty innocent, unless some sort of subliminal message was planted, like getting the urge to run and get popcorn during a movie.

Look, I don't know one way or another. I avoided the hype surrounding the issue, in fact, I had to be reminded that it was even happening. It's all so insignificant to me in the grand scheme of the universe.

I do know this though. Whether there was a reason to actually be concerned or not, a whole lot, and I mean a WHOLE lot of people got their shorts knotted up over the President addressing their children in school with a speech yesterday.

I understand having concern about what your children are learning in school, and I think every parent should be completely informed by their school system and teachers as to what the curriculum is. That in my opinion is just good parenting. It's better than just "Go do your homework!"

But this thing yesterday got ramped up and tweaked just a bit over the top and dangerously approached the nut-hatch line.

Sorry. But that's how I see it.

I understand fears. I understand tears. I understand, but cringe, at wacky conspiracy type reactions.

Especially when I see it happening in people that are supposed to be trusting in God.

"Jesus wept" (John 11:35). The shortest verse in the Bible incidentally.

There's good reason to believe He still weeps.

Especially when the country gets torn asunder over stuff like this.

Politics and religion don't mix real well in my opinion. I see them as two opposing philosophies.

Some see it as Christians ought to be up to their necks in politics so as to be the Godly influence this country needs.

I say we need to look at Geneva in the 15th Century and understand that a theocracy does not work.

Let me also remind you of the failures in the more recent past of the "Moral Majority" and the "Christian Coalition". Infanticide still rules at astonishing rates daily. 'Nuff said?

We fail to realize that Jesus is the top man. He doesn't need more popish type presidents and religious dictators allegedly representing Him (see that's the problem...who's choice gets to speak for God?).

He needs people who will simply trust in Him.

He is able to accomplish the work that needs to be done, and in fact has been carrying out the Plan that is ALREADY in effect to bring this world to the place the Bible has prophesied it will eventually get to.

Are we actually that full of ourselves to think that we can improve on that?

I think yesterday's melt down proves my point. Good grief, the children acted more maturely than the parents!

In another 3 1/2 years we will see the fruit of the labors gone forth. If this country is negatively impacted by one man or one political party it will be because we have failed as followers of Jesus Christ to "seek His face" so that He will "heal our land".

I'll let you look up that Scripture. It's in there. Google it.

Evil will always seize the opportunity to advance when the good people of God sit back and play church.

And one day my friends, things will get so bad that it will seem like the world is coming to an end.

"Come quickly Lord Jesus!" is what we should be focusing on, because there is a Day in the not so distant future when that trumpet will sound and the sky will open, and the King, the True King, will return to set it all right again!

Until then, pray often and look to the sky.

That's my prayer. That we would look with expectation to the Blessed Hope of His return. Someday, perhaps in this generation, the King will come for His people. On that day the tears and fears will end, and peace and joy like we have never known will reign on earth.

Run it all past Jesus today!

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment