Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Read This And Get Yourself Some A Dat!", by Pastor Kevin Lynch

If we fail to learn from our heritage and past, we will grow weaker and weaker. I shudder to think what the Church would be like today if we did not have these records from Acts.

Acts 4:29-31 - "And now, Lord, observe their threats and grant to Your bond servants [full freedom] to declare Your message fearlessly, (30) While You stretch out Your hand to cure and to perform signs and wonders through the authority and by the power of the name of Your holy Child and Servant Jesus. (31) And when they had prayed, the place in which they were assembled was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they continued to speak the Word of God with freedom and boldness and courage."

This is the quintessential prayer meeting. Specific, expectant, and acquiring.

Note the purposeful and unwavering faith in the power of the use of Jesus' Name.

Understand verse 30 and make no mistake. We are talking authoritative power here.

God stretches out His hand at the same time prayer is going up, giving His servants (us) the power and authority through the name of Jesus to heal and perform signs and wonders.

Earthshaking power! The supernatural collision of the earth and heavenly power! Flesh being impacted by Spirit!

Is it too fantastic and amazing for you to believe today? Have your spiritual senses been dulled by too much neo-biblical interpretation? Are you waiting for a new church to emerge when not one jot or tittle of it has changed in 2,000 years?

You're waiting for a bus that is never arriving.

(Preacher...when was the last time you had a good old fashioned healing service? Deliverance meeting?)

No, my friend. Not me. I believe. I see miracles all of the time. I walk into my little church for the last 15 years expecting, and I see how God puts lives back together. I see cancer being routed as believers lay their hands upon oil soaked heads! I've seen deafness cured in children, and disease run out of infants! I've seen a woman roused in an instant from a dead coma just by pronouncing the words, "In The Name of Jesus, be healed!" I've seen countless deliverances from addictions of every nature. Tobacco, alcohol, drugs...nothing stands up to the power of the Name of Jesus! More importantly...I've seen souls revived and consecrated to Jesus Christ!

How? Just start walking in it. Believe it. Wake up your dulled senses and get movin' in it! I've never doubted it, from the healing and deliverance Jesus performed upon me and my wife, until this very moment!

Get yourself some a dat! And start spreading it around!

Now that my friends is what I'm talkin' about...that's...

...Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment