Monday, June 7, 2010

"Who Am I?", by Pastor Kevin Lynch

I am often avoided.

I am often neglected.

I am revered by some, yet shunned by many, often by the very same ones who claim to revere me.

I am hated.

I am loved.

I am a source.

I am poor.

I am rich.

I am a jilted lover.

I am last on the social calendar.

I am a last minute replacement.

I am a rainy day choice.

I am often not a priority to those I should be.

I am taken advantage of.

I am often left waiting for those who are late.

I am taken for granted.

I am weak.

I am weakened.

I am a living, breathing organism.

I have a body.

I am wounded.

I am hurt.

I am mourned.

I am lonely.

I am grieved.

I am... THE CHURCH.

I AM everything and all things. I AM your ONLY sanctuary...

I am often forgotten that I AM the literal BODY OF JESUS CHRIST.
I have great joy, I have great victory...however...

... it does not soothe the immense grief over the lost, the late, the dying, the absent, the wayward, the weary, the misled, the lonely, the hurt, the wounded, the casual, the lazy...non-committed...finding someplace better to go on a sunny (or any) Sunday...not willing to alter YOUR social schedule to satisfy GOD'S already etched in stone calendar...thinking God understands my life is complicated...blind...foolish... the soon to be totally surprised, shocked, dismayed...

Let's not forget the "without spot or wrinkle" thing.

Hebrews 10:25 - "Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together [as believers], as is the habit of some people, but admonishing (warning, urging, and encouraging) one another, and all the more faithfully as you see the day approaching."

Yikes.

If I of feet of clay see it plainly in the vision in front of my face...I literally tremble when I envision what it is that God sees!

Hey...it's sometimes not popular to be God's prophet, pastor, preacher and be charged with...

...Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment