Friday, September 17, 2010

"The Deal Of A Lifetime", by Pastor Kevin Lynch

It was the best deal I ever made. And I have made plenty of them. Financial deals, real estate deals, new and used car deals.

The best deal I ever made however, was back in February of 1986. It would be the one deal that was responsible for saving my life (both physically and spiritually). Not only that, but it was a two for one deal. My wife was able to get in on it as well.

It was my deal with God.

He offered. I accepted. No paperwork. No collateral. No co-signers.

In actuality, while it was a "deal" for me, it would be more precise to call it a covenant.

Jesus Christ went to the Cross as a sacrifice for the human race. His part of the covenant was not contingent upon anything other than His love and willingness to die for us.

Our part of the covenant is to simply receive it.

It's amazing how much of the human race has been resistant.

So, let me offer to you what was once offered to me, which I accepted, and almost 25 years later still relish and revere as the best decision I have ever made.

2 Corinthians 5:20 (Amplified Bible) - "So we are Christ's ambassadors, God making His appeal as it were through us. We [as Christ's personal representatives] beg you for His sake to lay hold of the divine favor [now offered you] and be reconciled to God."

That's us. My wife and me. We are ambassador's of Jesus Christ, introducing (and re-introducing) people to Him.

I am not beyond begging. If it takes me begging you to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior then I will gladly do that.

Whether you have never met Jesus, or knew Him once, my request for you today is to be reconciled to God.

God offers you forgiveness of sin and complete and total restoration. He extends the privilege of being adopted into His family as one of His own children. He offers reconciliation to those who have been estranged.

It is truly the "deal of a lifetime". There is none better. Nothing or no one offers you more.

Just say yes to Jesus Christ today, and don't sweat the details.

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment