Thursday, September 2, 2010

"Fellowship Of The Broken Yoke", by Pastor Kevin Lynch

Some folks live their entire lives as if they feel it's only purpose is to be a warning to others. Afflicted quiet desperation. This life is real long when it's lived under those conditions.

Life not only effected by a yoke of bondage, but as an actual yoke of bondage.

I know a little about affliction. Also about a yoke of bondage. Twenty years enslaved in chains of addiction is affliction by anybody's standard.

Perpetual apathy. Why bother? "If I don't acknowledge my problem maybe it will just go away. Or people will. Or...ahh...who cares...".

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.

Need rescue?

How about membership in the Fellowship of the Broken Yoke?


Nahum 1:13 (ESV) - "And now I will break his yoke from off you and will burst your bonds apart.”

Matthew 11:28-30 (ESV) - "28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

OK, in your best Braveheart William Wallace scream, shout it out..."FREEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMM!!!!"

That's just gotta feel good.

Chains, bonds, yokes. Restrictive, confining, oppressive, burdensome, frustrating...

Gone. Really. Simply gone.

Whatever your yoke is today, Jesus says He will take your heavy yoke of affliction and exchange it for His light yoke of following Him.

Yoke of affliction or yoke of freedom?

I think that might just qualify as an official no-brainer.

How 'bout it? Tell Him you're done. Tell Him you would like to stand up straight for once. Tell Him you want to walk in full stride. Tell Him you are ready for peace, joy, love, mercy, happiness...

You can try to white knuckle it. You can try to overcome just by sheer guts and determination. You can read self-help books. You can recite mantras. You can rise up under the weight of the yoke and chains and shout to the world "I am going to beat this thing!"

You will fail. At best you will just be a self-confident pathetic creature with a heavy yoke and chains.

The Fellowship of the Broken Yoke are just people like me who one day realized that they were going to remain paralyzed by the increasing weight of affliction and turned to the Only One who could actually CHANGE the situation. Jesus.

Jesus Christ. 2,000 years of unbroken success in changing lives.

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><


No comments:

Post a Comment