Thursday, October 14, 2010

"I Got Nothin' This Morning", by Pastor Kevin Lynch

I'm not "feelin' it". I'm sitting in front of a blank screen and have absolutely no motivation physically or spiritually to write anything.

Not feelin' it. Got nothin'.

I could really roll with that today. Except that I know they are just "feelings".

Is that how I roll? I'd like to believe that right now, but it wouldn't be true.

I roll with Jesus. Holy Spirit incited motivation. Not money. Not fame. Not human energy. Not ego. Not good looks. Not fancy accoutrements.

If it weren't for Jesus life would be a blank screen. Some of you know what I'm talking about.

I think of the hymn, "I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold...." ...Or a huge church, or a big fat bank account, or custom clothes instead of Walmart off the rack, or a fancy foreign car.

Even though I'm not feeling particularly inspired this morning, knowing that I have Jesus will prevent me from going back to bed and pulling the covers over my head. Lot's of people will feel even worse than that today, and on paper they look like they shouldn't.

Today God has recalled for me the words of a wise man .

Proverbs 30:7-8 - (7) Two things have I asked of You [O Lord]; deny them not to me before I die: (8) Remove far from me falsehood and lies; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me."

I can roll with that. He has reminded me that I have been.

Inspiration comes. I find it when I don't have it. Not from me. I got nothin'. He has everything.

Yet, because of His Everything, I find I have more than I ever thought I did.

If that makes sense?

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment