Monday, October 18, 2010

"I Need Something And I Need It Fast!", by Pastor Kevin Lynch

The look of quiet desperation. I see it written all over the faces of so many people.

"HELP! I'm sinking! Pastor, tell me what to believe! What should I do? Where can I turn. Which way, pastor? Which way?"

It's like watching a person drown with a life preserver and a rope floating next to them.

"Grab onto the life preserver!" "Grab the rope!"

I am reminded of David speaking in Psalm 143:7 - "Answer me quickly, O LORD! My spirit fails! Hide not your face from me!"

The failure of the spirit of man. Of course it will.

Answer me quickly, Lord!

Desperation. I need a speedy answer Lord! I need something and I need it now!

How does it get to that level of desperation? I'm not speaking about the average man on the street.

I'm talking about believers who have heard the message of redemption and responded to it.

Shocking.

David said "My spirit faints within me."

Yes, our spirit has a tendency to do that. The Holy Spirit does not. He will never faint.

He will empower you in and past your point of desperation. He will plant you steady. Immovable. Not swayed by temporal circumstances.

He's not hiding His Face, by the way.

He is right there. How about pausing a moment and listening?

Are you desperate today? Well, stop a moment and get a grip. He's there. Talk to Him. Open your ears. Cancel the competing noise.

Listen ONLY to His Voice.

Calm. Peaceful. Soothing. There is NOTHING so desperate in your life even at this moment that He cannot handle.

Let Him handle it.

Here listen...

Verse 8 - "Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."

Hear Him. Trust Him. Obey Him.

Hear His Voice. Trust what He tells you. Obey what He says to do.

Yes...it is that simple.

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment