Thursday, April 11, 2013

Fear


Fear. At various times, we have all been struck by it. Some more than others. Some even living completely and totally in fear of everything. 

The polar opposite of that is the admonition from God.

Isaiah 41:10 (Amplified Bible) - "Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice."

This is not some fluff to be taken lightly. He is actually demanding that we fear not. Why? Because there is no actuality or reality of something to fear? No. He is saying that because of His Presence it is really as if there is nothing to fear.

The term used by people who are not convinced themselves to other people who are not convinced is always, "Hey come on, go ahead. There's nothing to be afraid of!"

That is simply an ignorant statement. There is plenty to be afraid of. Some of the biggies: Flying, Heights, Death, Life, Outdoors, Indoors, Sickness, Germs. Each one fits the bill as a "phobia" of some sort. Phobia means fear out of control. Fear that rules your life. Abnormal fear. Try to fix people at that level of fear, and tell them that there is "nothing to be afraid of".

Modify the statement to say, "There is nothing to fear because I Am with you", and we are onto something.

The elements that cause fear remain intact. Planes. Dying. High places. They just become of no effect upon the individual who trusts God.

Isaiah makes an interesting statement in the verse. God actually says, "I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties."

I will temper you like steel. You will become so strong that you will never bend to fear again. It will be as if there is actually nothing to be fearful of!

I try to never use the words "FEAR", "SCARED", and "AFRAID" in a sentence. Ever. I never even say "I'm afraid so".  Are there situations that I prefer not to be exposed to? Indeed. But I will never say I am afraid or scared of it. There is only fear if I go without God.

I never go into any situation without God. He makes the difference of whether I would be afraid or not.

He is your difference as well.

Got fear?

Listen to Paul's words to Timothy:

2 Timothy 1:7 (AMP)  - For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 

Note that He has already given to us what we need to counteract fear. Just thank Him for it and enter in!

It can go away. Even right now. Submit yourself to God fully. Thank Him for His Holy Spirit to you in His fullness. Be filled with the Spirit. It is the answer to all things that have ruled you instead of the other way around. Be subject only to God.

He will temper you. He will strengthen you. He will make you the Head and not the Tail.

Step out from the shadows of fear and into the Light of Victorious Living!

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><
www.reallifect.com

No comments:

Post a Comment