Monday, May 13, 2013

Glory


This is Old Testament mountain shaking glory. Shekinah glory. The glory that drives a person to the ground in awe. Sin breaking glory. Paralyzing glory. Flesh slaying glory!

It's the glory that breaks into our little cubbyhole world and shatters it into pieces.

It's the glory that leaves us forever changed.

Luke 2:9 (AMP) - "And behold, an angel of the Lord stood by them, and the glory of the Lord flashed and shone all about them, and they were terribly frightened." 

Flashed. Shined. Enveloped. Surrounded.

Consumed.

Yeah...that's it. Consumed.

I saw the glory of God like that over 27 years ago. It was the night my old me was consumed by the fire of God. As sure as the fire of heaven burned and licked up every element of the altar built to Baal, so was my dead sinful spirit was laid waste and replaced with a new creation.

I saw the presence, power, and purity of Christ that night and I have never been the same again.

Consumed.

Praise God I continue to see His manifest Presence and Glory!

I saw it just yesterday at the altar of my church. A crowd gathered around each other believing, declaring, demanding. Putting demons to flight. Being healed and delivered.

Glory!

Listen to me here. Anyone who sees Jesus becomes consumed. If you really see Him. I'm not talking about sitting in a pew for 30 years and listening to one sermon after another. I'm talking about Shepherds crawling to the manger awestruck blown away type seeing Jesus.

Christmas.  In May. July...

Whenever the glory of God shows up and points to Jesus it's a Christ new birth type celebration in the truest sense of the term.

New Birth. Deliverance. It's about Incarnation. Hope. Love. Joy. Peace. Mercy.

SOZO, baby!

Good grief...I'm getting blessed right now thinking about it!

I challenge you now...no...I dare you, to find the Glory of God in the midst of the NOW.

Your NOW is NOW. Good or bad...it's what you are experiencing this moment. It either needs fixing or improvement. It's NEVER just "OK".

If that is a secret than thank the Lord I have found THE Secret! 

It's in Christ. I'll keep saying it until people get it.



Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

www.reallifect.com

No comments:

Post a Comment