Monday, November 15, 2010

The KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is at hand", by Pastor Kevin Lynch

I want to focus upon the Kingdom of Heaven as it pertains to us now. Particularly that it is within our grasp.

Jesus said it is essentially right at our fingertips. We don't have to wait.

Matthew 4:17 (Amplified Bible) - "From that time Jesus began to preach, crying out, Repent (change your mind for the better, heartily amend your ways, with abhorrence of your past sins), for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Within reach. Touch it. Even if you only manage to brush your fingertips against it. Touch it. Hold it. Draw it in upon you.

I'm going to revisit this during the week. There are many reasons why Jesus has informed us how close it really is.
I have become a violent seeker of the Kingdom of God. I understand what Jesus meant when He said the "violent take the Kingdom of Heaven by force". It's a desperate "pressing in", an urgent and demanding need to pull Heaven into our reality. Yes, I am increasingly more violent in my approach that I must have the Kingdom here and now!

If it's within our grasp, truly "at hand" then we need to be reaching, even groping as if in the dark. Apprehending. Embracing. Like grasping for the life preserver in choppy waters. And we violently pull it into ourselves as if our lives depend on it. Because it does. Your life depends on it. Spiritually. Physically. Everything is on the line.

We must be willing to even leave places of comfort and familiarity to apprehend it. We must be willing to BECOME uncomfortable right where we are. We must be willing to have our minds rewired by the Holy Spirit.

The Father is there. His Kingdom comes. His perfect will for us is wrapped up in it. He wants it to be here as it is there (Matt. 6:9-10).

I had a vision some weeks back which I shared with many. I didn't have closure on it as I did not understand what God meant when He forced me to my knees in a public park and spoke to me the words, "Believe it!"

It was to prepare me for what is coming. There is a great pressing in ahead. The ceiling is either made of glass or brass. We are either going to shatter it with our violent and aggressive upward surge, or we are going to break our fingers against it in frustration.

Those who believe will shatter the glass. They can see through it. They know it's "at hand". They will not be denied.

I will not be denied. I want you to join me. I want you to come with me. I can show you exactly where it is. Stick with me. There are glorious days ahead.

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment