Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"The Shalom Of God"

How about a little peace this morning? Perhaps there is some anxiety. A little bit of uncertainty over something. Perhaps even some dread. All of these and much more are enemies of peace. In fact, when we ponder all of the things that we go through which virtually eliminates peace from our midst, that alone can be daunting enough.

We should read the bible as it is without much more than Holy Spirit enlightenment. I'm a fan of leaving it as uncomplicated as we can. It's supernatural state is one of simplicity. Like this verse:

Isaiah 26:3 (AMP - "You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You."

Here is a great promise this morning. Note how it says that He will do wonderful things for you to lighten your load and bring peace into your life. He will guard you and keep you.

So what happened? Where is all of that peace? The "shalom" of God.

Did you read the entire verse? Or just the parts where it says what God will do for you?

What about your responsibility?

Is your mind centered and focused upon Him? Have you committed your entire life and everything in it to Him? Do you lean upon Him as your strength? Are all of your hopes and dreams for this life and the next confidently found in Him?

I hear answers to this all of the time, and they are usually along the lines of "Well, perhaps not in the same way as you do Pastor."  As I do? Like my position of leadership affords me some sort of express peace. Like it's automatic? Or that it comes more easily?

In other words the answer is no, and who I am offers no additional dispensation or comfort. We are all in the same boat here. I have to be sure I am exercising my relationship with Him as much as the next person. In fact, because of my great responsibility, maybe even moreso. My peace, as does yours, relies on how much God I allow in my life.

The perfect peace He speaks of is ours when we cultivate it. Our level of peace is in direct correlation to our level of desire for more of God.

This is not works. It has nothing to with righteousness or your salvation. It has to do with how you live out your salvation.

I choose the peace and shalom of God. I choose not to allow the cares of the world to infiltrate and make my life no better than the non-believer.

I choose "on earth as it is in heaven". And since heaven is full of peace, so am I. So will you.

Keep it all upon Him.

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment