Saturday, October 3, 2009

"Out Of Your Comfort Zone", by Pastor Kevin Lynch

What's uncomfortable for you?

Usually it's when you have to step out of that "comfort zone".

Doing something out of the norm or against what has become routine.

I have a bunch.

It can be as silly as having the cable tv and internet go out (which is why today's devo is late).

I don't like being "unplugged".

Joan can see it in me and busts my chops over it.

She suggested we listen to the radio.

Do they still make radios?

I had to pop a W.C. Fields DVD in the TV just to have background noise!

Sometimes though it's something that Jesus says that rocks me right down to being uncomfortable.

How about this one: “But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also”( Matthew 5:39).

That's not born born in you. That has to be supernaturally infused.

Passages like that can make me actually sweat a little.

They tell me I ought to be doing something that goes completely against the grain.

It forces me to conform where I would have no desire or disposition to do so left to my own devices.

It gets me down to my knees, even if they have to be broken to do so.

How about you today?

Where is your "comfort zone"?

Sometimes it should be known as the "obstinate zone".

We will fight tooth and nail against change, only to have to come by it the hard way.

If God desires change in you, trust me, He will impress it upon you sometimes in the most uncomfortable ways.

If we keep in mind to "seek first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness" (reiterate here "FIRST"), then everything we have been wanting will be given to us.

So much easier than doing it my way.

Pleasing God will ultimately become a way of pleasure for yourself once you roll with it.

Run it past Jesus first!

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment