Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Press Nine For More Options", by Pastor Kevin Lynch

Ever notice how the option for more options always seems to come at the end of a long line of options you didn't need to listen to?

It seems when I make a call like that I always need to speak to a live person and that is almost always NOT an option.

As the bottom line last resort if you can hang in there long enough before tossing the phone against the wall you will eventually hear "Please stay on the line to speak to a representative."

Maybe.

This is what life has become.

An impersonal endless line of people avoiding people.

What do these menu options really tell us about society?

There is no Plan B when Plan A goes awry.

That would be fine except Plan A always seems to go awry.

Joseph Heller (Catch 22) would have had a field day with this just a mere 38 years after his novel.

Has it all really become FUBAR (Fouled Up Beyond All Repair)?

It's going to have to come full circle and get back to simplicity.

Or completely implode into a huge self destructive fireball.

I'm not holding out a lot of hope for simplicity.

We are too "advanced" for that.

This is why I enjoy being a part of God's simple way.

I am offended by the way the rest of the world conducts itself.

I watch the news and afterward feel like I need to take a shower with lye soap and a wire brush.

Is it really that bad?

Well what do we have to compare it to?

Listen to Paul here:

1 Cor. 1:13 - "For we write you nothing else but simply what you can read and understand [there is no double meaning to what we say], and I hope that you will become thoroughly acquainted [with divine things] and know and understand [them] accurately and well to the end."

If God can communicate simply, why can't we?

Because today people need to get their story straight first. They have to rewind to previous lies and misinformation to make sure they don't get caught in the trap of their own false pretense.

Say what you will about me, but I have found the better way. I choose the door that opens to simplicity, honesty, purity, understanding, love and concern.

I have become thoroughly acquainted with divine things.

Given the alternative I scratch my head and wonder why more people do not.

I hope you choose divine things as well.

Just because you live in the world does not mean you have to be force subscribed to it's ways and methods.

There is an alternative.

It's Jesus Christ.

He teaches us the better way.

It truly is an option for you today.


Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment