Monday, January 3, 2011

"Do I Really, Really Believe That?" (pt.1)

That's what it comes down to when living as a believer. Do we really believe what the Word of God says?

I mean do we really believe it? All of it?

I happen to be one of those who do.

Let me give you an example.

Joshua 1:3 (AMP) - "Every place upon which the sole of your foot shall tread, that have I given to you, as I promised Moses."

Let this stand as your example, but perhaps more importantly, as your litmus test.

What was your first reaction when you read the verse (as far as whether one can believe it as it reads)?

Did you think "Amen! Absolutely!"

Or did you start running through your brain all the reasons why this verse might not apply to you today?

Hopefully you at least thought about it first.

Does the verse allow for me to walk into the office of the president of my local bank and take over and begin to conduct business that would benefit me? Not as it applies today in the New Testament Kingdom reality.

However, does it allow me to walk into said bank and begin to claim ownership as a representative of the Kingdom of Heaven, over all the spiritual issues that are surrounding everything that takes place under its roof (including how business is being conducted)? Yes. I can, and should, be an agent of spiritual change (which often effects the physical) every place I stand on my feet.

We are talking, "You're Kingdom come, on earth as it is in Heaven".

It might take a bit of prayerful contemplation with Jesus on how to interpret the Truth (reality) of every Word in His written Word. The point being that it can be accomplished.

There should never be a time when we approach the Word with an attitude of arguing against it.

We should always seek the positive interpretation and how it applies to the present.

We'll revisit this a bit this week.

In the meantime, start claiming and re-claiming your territory as an explorer and ambassador of the Kingdom on Earth.

Every place you set your foot down today has the potential for reclamation of lost souls and the establishment of new embassies. You really, really can make a difference and change the complexion and atmosphere of your present surroundings in the Name of Jesus just because of who you are and what God says you can do.

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment