Thursday, January 13, 2011

"I Am____ Because He Is"



Bear with me a bit as I try to bring order and sense to what God spoke into my heart this morning.

About 4:00 a.m. I found myself in conversation with God. This happens often, and before I iknow it, it is 5:00. Some of my most intense experiences occur between me and God during those moments.

This morning He said to me "You are because I AM."

Understanding of course that God is, by His own words called "The Great I AM."  This is also how we know Jesus is God. Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I AM."

I happen to be a proponent of divine healing, mainly I suppose because it's the Word of God, but also because God has gifted me in that area. Over 15 years in my church we have seen many, many miracles of healing of all types. So to be clear, I don't need to be convinced that healing is for today and that Jesus is still the Healer He always has been.

However...I think I needed to be reminded how far reaching and all inclusive that really is. Did I need to be reminded so as to best apply this teaching to others? No. I really, really believe that when I take somebody by the hand, or lay my hands upon them, they should expect to be completely and totally healed. I know that I do. I never consider anyone not being healed in those circumstances.

This morning was for me.  You see, I can without a shadow of doubt believe that you will be healed, saved, delivered (SOZO) in a moment without fail. But I have found myself with some pesky issues within my own body that needed to be healed but wasn't getting done. 

God revealed to me this morning the depth of "I AM".

He showed me that I was "believing for healing", or "believing I would be healed". He said to me, "That's not I AM healed."  He said, "You believe others are healed when I touch them, why do you not believe you ARE?"

Hmmm...

Believing for healing is not being healed. God is the Great I AM. What is His name? How about "Jehovah-rophe" for one.

That means "I AM The God Who Heals You."  Yes folks, that's His Name!

So...me of all people, who have believed for others all of these years and have stood in front of miracle upon miracle happening before my very eyes, was failing to understand two priniciples of the very foundation of who God is.

He is "I AM"_____. He is Healing, so I am healed. He is Salvation, so I am saved. He is Deliverance, so I am delivered. I am NOW, not later.  He IS everything we need.

Not going to be, but I AM! Presently. Not at some time in the future, but NOW! It's NOW because He is NOW.

Wow. How silly not to see the forest through the trees.

I am because HE IS!

For me...that's...

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><

No comments:

Post a Comment