Thursday, August 29, 2013

Crash

What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word?

I think of a car wreck.

Lots of negatives.

1929.  Crash.

2006. High times on Wall Street, tough times on Main Street. Crash.

The best I can think of is the fact that my drum kit has two "crash" cymbals.

Some folks may not think that's such a great thing either.

Yesterday I thought of the day the twin towers collapsed.

Crash.

Not good.

How about when people's lives crash?

Happens everyday. Exponentially. People crash.

Sometimes it is so profound that I can hear it.

I can hear it in the sobbing of their loved ones.

Crash.

Jesus has instructed us in the gospels to heed His advice and be wise as we build our lives.

He likens our life construction as the very wise builder who built his home on bedrock, and not on sand.

He said that when the great storms come that house on bedrock would be able to withstand the rains and winds and remain standing. (Matt.7:24-25)

He also warned us of the contrary.

If we are to be a careless or ignorant builder and build that home on sand, when the storms come the sand would shift underneath and the house would...

Crash. (Matt.7:26-27)

One common thread that runs through both scenarios.

The storms will come.

It's during those moments that we start to assess our life decisions and the errors and mistakes come rushing to the forefront.

"Everything is crashing down around me because I made a poor life decision and I am weakened because of it and I cannot withstand."

Crash.

Jesus has a simple solution.

Yes, I said simple.

Jesus said in the beginning of verse 24, "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man... ."

Hear His words. Put them into practice.

There's my prayer.

Hear His words.

Put them into practice.

Avoid the crash.

Save your life. Save your marriage. Save your health. Save your finances. 

Save your life.

Run it all past Jesus first today!

Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <>
~SoZo~

No comments:

Post a Comment