Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I Don't Have A Bucket List

No, I don't have a "bucket" list, or things I want to do before I "kick the bucket".

I've thought about this to some extent.

I think from someone else's perspective this might come off as being dull or unexciting.

I've never felt the desire to jump out of an airplane.

I don't even like getting into an airplane.

I've never wanted to run with the bulls in Spain.

I wouldn't run to the corner for a paper.

I've never wanted to climb Mt. Everest.

You can't get me on a ladder to change a light bulb.

I'm just pretty content with my unassuming quietly led life.

Yes, content. Contented.

How many can say that this morning?

I am content.

I didn't say everything is perfect.

I said content.

Content, in my opinion, means that one does not have to search far and wide for the joy in their life.

They already have it. And they know that they have it.

Having it and knowing you have it.

Content.

No need or desire to look any further.

You have the right spouse. The right family. The right job. The right church.

Whatever you have...it's just...right.

Content with the content. Ah...that confusing English language.

Matt. 6:31, 33 - "Therefore do not worry and be anxious, saying, What are we going to have to eat? or, What are we going to have to drink? or, What are we going to have to wear?"
(33) But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides."

I believe (and you can feel free to disagree with me if you want) that I have found contentment because I have Jesus Christ in my life. 

I didn't read the above passage BEFORE I came to know Jesus.

I discovered it afterword and was amazed at how true it was for myself.

I found my entire life, fully, holistically if you will, in Jesus Christ and His Kingdom.

I am a better person physically, mentally, spiritually, because of Him.

No question about it in my understanding.

I sought first the Kingdom of God, and everything I had been lacking my entire life was given to me and then some.

I didn't become rich by the world's standard. My teeth didn't straighten or receive gold fillings.

I did however, become delivered from my drug and cigarette habit, which in my opinion saved my physical life.

The signs of aging are upon me. 

Yet, I cannot think of a single solitary thing that I lack which would make my life more fulfilled.

I am content. And it's because of Jesus Christ.

If you are discontented, He may just be the answer you have been hoping for.

I do know this much. Sitting around wallowing in discontent is the fast track to an early grave. Or at the least a very unhappy looooong life.

If you were to trust me on anything, trust me on this. Jesus has answers for you.

I pray today that those in the season of discontent would first seek the Kingdom of God so that Jesus could add all the things you need to be content in your life.

If you have a bucket list today, let Jesus be the first thing on it.

Run it all past Jesus first!


Keepin' it Real,

Pastor Kevin <><
~SoZo~

Join my blog at: http://keepinitrealpastorkevin.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment